Monday, September 19, 2011

Beauty Tips: Skin care

One day in college, I noticed my friend's skin. I noticed how wonderfully smooth (baby-butt smooth, that is) her face was. Not a single blemish, no discolouration, and absolutely smooth all over. I had to ask how that was physically possible. She had a simple answer: Baby Lotion. She told me she had been using it since childhood, and had never used any other types of moisturizers. My gosh, I ran out and bought the Johnson's brand (pink bottle) and have never used another type of lotion, or moisturizer since. All I can say is I truly wish I had discovered this sooner. It has been my face's best friend ever since. I tend to have slightly dry skin, but it gets greasy pretty fast. Not sure if that would be considered combination skin? Either way, it works wonders. I used to break out quite often, but now all I see is a pimple or two on occassion. To top it all off, I also use the Baby Wash as a facewash.

Bonus: The baby lotion contains an ingredient called "dimethicone" which is found in most brands of face primer. I never use primer, I just use baby lotion. (A friend I will call... um... SKINQUEEN tipped me off on this!)

Bonus 2: The baby wash doubles as a makeup remover. Rather than using soap or any alcohol based removers, I just lather up the wash and rub my makeup off under water. It's so easy and... no tears! :)

1 comment: